Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, October 18, 2011

OrganicPumpkin Bread

I made this very moist and delicious Pumpkin Bread using only 1 tsp of Coconut Oil the (glass) pan. Sometimes I use butter but I try to limit my intake of saturated animal fats. I now use oils such as organic, virgin coconut oil or extra virgin, cold pressed olive oil. I also use Organic Earth Balance when cooking baked goods for people who are watching their cholesterol intake. 
Also, for gluten free baking, I prefer almond flour to coconut flour because of the taste and consistency. I made some today using 1 tsp of coconut oil to grease the pan and I sprinkled another tsp on top before baking and a drizzle of raw honey
Preheat oven to 350
Grease Glass Loaf Pan with 1 Tsp. Coconut Oil

Ingredients:
2 Tsp Coconut oil,Divided
1 1/2 cups Whole Wheat flour
1/2 Tsp Salt
1 Tsp Baking Soda
2 Tablespoons Flax Seed Meal
1 Cup (15oz.can) Organic Pumpkin Puree
1/2 cup Organic Applesauce
3 Egg Whites 
1/3 Cup Organic Sugar
1/4 t Nutmeg
1/4 Tsp Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ginger
1/4 Tsp Pumpkin Pie Spice
Sprinkle of raw honey on top

Method:
-Mix together Flour, Salt, Baking Soda, Flax Seed Meal and set aside
-Whisk together Pumpkin, Organic Sugar, Applesauce, Egg Whites and Spices
-Add Dry ingredients to Pumpkin mixture to combine. Do not over mix
-Pour into Greased Glass Loaf Pan. Sprinkle with a Tsp of Coconut Oil and Raw Honey before baking
-Bake for 1 hour..maybe longer until center is firm. Do not over bake.
-Cool in pan for 15 minutes and then on a rack until cooled.
-Enjoy by itself, with whipped lite cream cheese or today I had some with peanut butter and honey on it...That was a TREAT!

Serving Size...could be Dangerous! lol Cut into 8-10 slices-Portion Control Rules!
I don't do the nutrition facts over here...All I know is that this recipe is so moist, low fat, delicious and Organic...what could be better than that? Sorry....Not Low Carb...LOL







No comments:

Post a Comment