Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 14, 2010

6 Small Meals: Example for Weight Loss

If you haven't heard by now, it is essential to eat every 3 hours to have a successful weight loss & diet plan. It fights hunger which is the culprit to diet failure. Eating every 2-3 hours or so with plenty of water revs up the metabolism. When you wait until you are starving to eat, you most certainly eat more and usually end up in gastric distress. Here is an example of my diet plan:

Before Breakfast:
1 glass of cool water with a pro biotic supplement (some require you to take after eating)

Breakfast:
1 cup Organic Oatmeal made with water
Add about 1 scoop of Whey Protein Powder
1 T roasted, chopped almonds
1/4 cup organic raisins or cranberries OR 1/2 mashed banana
Coffee or Green Tea
Vitamins (Multiple Vitamin/Calcium + D/Salmon Oil/Cranberry/Glucosamine-Chondroitin)
Take Vitamins with Water

ALREADY I HAVE HAD 2 GLASSES OF WATER!

Snack:
During my work out, I usually have a Small Apple + 24 Oz Water + 1 packet Emergen-C-Joint Health (in 8 ounces water)
After my workout I plan to eat with in 30 minutes or have a Protein Shake or a protein bar (watch out for sugar)

Lunch:
Large Salad made with lettuce, tomatoes, carrots, celery, bell pepper, sprouts, cucumber, mushrooms or anything you really want in a salad.
Add 6 ounces of protein like a grilled, boneless, skinless chicken breast
Use dressing sparingly or go light with olive oil and balsamic vinegar-1 TBS each
Drink water or tea

Snack:
String Cheese & Whole grain crackers (2)
Water

Dinner:
Broiled Wild Salmon made with a little olive oil, fresh garlic and herbs
2 cups steamed broccoli with lemon
Water or herbal non-caffeine tea

Night time Snack
Protein shake with water, powder and ice

Notice that I have incorporated 8 glasses of water per day. Everyone is different. this is why I drink about 16 glasses of water a day to replace what I have sweat and to keep my Diverticulitis in check.

No comments:

Post a Comment