Powered By Blogger

Friday, May 14, 2010

Chocolate/Almond Protein Shake

The Protein Powder that I choose is "Designer Whey". This is the best tasting Protein Powder that I have found and it is also not as high in Protein (18 grams per scoop) as the other products on the market. High Protein tends to upset my stomach and this product mixes easily and is absorbed readily into your body . I use the Vanilla and Chocolate. It is available at Target for under $20 for 1.72 Pounds/28 servings, that's .71 a serving. Other flavors are available at Rite Aid and smaller containers are sold at Trader Joe's.
I just made this quick and easy shake to stave off my hunger because who knows what time dinner is tonight.Put in Blender and Blend: (BTW-I have been using my good old, cheap Hamilton Beach for years and it does a great job!)
1 Cup Organic, unsweetend, Vanilla Almond Milk
1 TBS Coconut or Soy Creamer (optional-adds fat)
1 Scoop Chocolate Protein Powder
3-4 Ice Cubes

190 Calories
19 Grams Protein
3.5 Grams Fat (or less)
18 Grams Carbohydrates (or less)
15 Grams Sugar (Less if creamer is removed)
60 Mg Cholesterol
220 Mg Sodium
310 Mg Potassium

100% Delicious!

1 comment:

  1. Whey protein shake is indeed a great solution for gaining a high protein. It is very useful for making a good muscles also.

    ReplyDelete