Powered By Blogger

Wednesday, August 3, 2016

Banana Bread Pudding


Bananas on the counter seem to ripen so quickly, especially in Summer. I have used them to make Chocolate Gelato (that's what I am calling it anyway ;) I will write down as soon as I can remember the recipe. I was going to make banana bread this time, but the kitchen is way to hot to turn the oven on so I opted for banana bread pudding that I baked in the convection oven on the counter. I used a shallow baking dish and it baked for approximately 35 minutes. I turned the heat up to 450 for the last couple of minutes to caramelize the cinnamon sugar on top
Preheat oven to 350 degrees
Oil a shallow, glass baking dish with 2T. Extra Virgin, Cold Press, Organic Coconut Oil
Ingredients:
4 slices High Fiber Wheat Bread, Cubed and set aside
1 Very Ripe Banana, mashed
3 eggs plus 2 egg whites OR 6 egg whites
1/2 cup Unsweetened, Vanilla Almond Milk
1/2 cup Coconut Cream
1 Tsp Vanilla
pinch of salt (optional)

Topping:
2 Tablespoons Cinnamon Sugar 
I make 1 cup batches of Organic Sugar and approx 4T Cinnamon

Method:
Mash banana
Add slightly beaten eggs
Add Almond Milk and Coconut Cream
Add Vanilla and Salt and mix together until frothy
Add cubed bread, mix thoroughly and let stand for 5-10 minutes to soak 
Pour into greased baking dish
Top with 2T Cinnamon Sugar
Bake on 350 for 25 minutes and then increase heat to 450 for the last 5 to 10 minutes until golden brown and remove from oven. Let rest for 10 minutes
Serve warm with fresh coconut cream


No comments:

Post a Comment