Powered By Blogger

Saturday, July 17, 2010

New Life-New Post

The last time I wrote on my blog was 1 week before my life changed very dramatically. On May 24, 2010 I was admitted to Motion Picture Hospital in Woodland Hills with a condition called Diverticulitis. When I speak of what happened to me most everyone had a relative who has come down with this life threatening disease of the lower (left) intestine. So, yes it is very common ailment and in my perspective now it is very avoidable. 1 year ago I had my first colonoscopy. They say to get this done routinely when you turn 50..I waited until I was 52. It was a very unpleasant experience which I will not go into at the moment. When I was given (hunted down) the results 2 months later I was to that I had a condition named Diverticulosis and that it is very common in older adults (Geez thanks!) and that here was nothing I could really do about it and that in some cases it turns into Diverticulitis. I was also told that in recent studies that diet was really not a factor in developing the disease and that in the past, nuts and seeds were removed from the diet to avoid that horrible awful abdominal pain associated with it. So lucky me, I kept up my "clean" diet and always ate my roasted almonds, walnuts, sesame seeds, sunflower seeds, etc. and also berries of all kinds and tomatoes too. I reached my goal in fitness a week before I was stricken. I was popping cherry tomatoes like crazy as well as strawberries, blackberries and nuts for nutritious snacks and then it happened..the cramping the fever for 2 days and then saw my physician on Monday. Something in the front of my mind was to pick the right doctor at Motion Picture and I chose the head of the Dept and So happy I have a 6th sense sometimes! After the horribleness of all the tests I underwent, 6 hours later I was told what I had and then started the IV for 2 whole days..Enough about Me!!!!!!! HAHAHAHA
It is July 17, 2010 and I am feeling much better and WILL NEVER EAT NUTS AND SEEDS AGAIN!!!!!
Moral of this story: listen to your body, don't believe everything a Dr. tells you and don't wallow too long about your experience, it is just not productive. Get back on your horse and ride again..I am back up to speed on my cardio and am so addicted to it. I am clean eating and seeding the tomatoes at least..c'mon I am Italian!!!!!!
Talk to me people!
Love all of my followers XXXXOOOO

No comments:

Post a Comment