Powered By Blogger

Saturday, November 26, 2011

Leg Day!

Most of the people I know @ The Gym Absolutely abhor leg day. I have very mixed feelings since my legs have been my nemesis pretty much most of my life. I look forward to changing up the routine every day just to keep things interesting.

30 minutes on the Elliptical Interval Training-Burn 360 Calories
10 minute full body stretch
Bosu-Balance: Full Body Workout-3 Sets of 20 Reps Each Exercise
Standing Squats, Standing Lunges, Kneeling on 1 knee Kick Backs, Round Side Down Push-ups
Machine Hamstring Curls 2 Sets of 15 Reps
Dead lifts with 25 Pound Bar 3 Sets of 25 Reps
Back Extensions-2 Sets of 20 Reps
Squats in Place-No Weight 2 Sets of 25
Walking Lunges-25 paces and run back to start
Lunges in Place-No Weight 2 Sets of 20 Reps Each Leg
Doogie Lifts on Bench
20 Minutes on Treadmill-Interval Train Burn 140 Calories
Ab Routine:
Standing Leg Lifts-2 Sets of 20 Reps-Knee Bent (Thank you very much)
Reverse Crunches-Leg Lifts on slant-1 Set of 20
More Reverse Lunges on Mat holding on to a bar 1 Set of 25
Regular Crunches-2 sets of 25
Reach-ups to opposite toe-2 Sets of 20 Each
*New One* (For me anyway)-Lie on back Stretch out right leg off the ground, Bend left knee and put toe under right leg for support. Right Hand behind your head and reach to your Left knee keeping your back pushed into the mat engaging your abs. It is like a more intense, one sided bicycle kick. Do it slowly for a great challenge. It works on the Love Handles too! I did 1 Set of 15 Reps each side
Stretch More on Mat
DONE!
During the Workout I consumed 32 Ounces of water and a small apple and immediately after I had a protein bar right away because I was STARVING!- this is called a catabolic state in scientific terms. Do not let yourself get that way because it can get dangerous if your blood sugar gets too low. Keep a snack handy such as a clif bar or a small apple.

No comments:

Post a Comment