Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 26, 2010

STANDING IN FRONT OF THE MIRROR, NAKED!

OK, Now I have your attention.??? this is what I did when I was so fed up with myself. I stood in front of a full length mirror, naked and cried. Yet, another Ah Ha moment! When I was 47 years old, it took a message via my husband via my daughter to kick my big butt in gear and change my life forever. Something in my mind changed radically and I wish I could bottle that up and patent it! I spent my entire life yo-yoing with my weight gain and loss. The losses were never as much as the gaining until my mind took over and this is what I wish would happen to everyone out there who is struggling with obesity, depression and a various amount of health problems in the world. One has to soul search and use the power of your own mind to control your own life. This cannot be taught. It must come from within. "Optimal Fitness is Achieved Through the Infinite Power of Your Mind"..my mantra, my bible, my life. I am rich in soul and spirit and I rely upon myself (and a few, selected others) to stick to it forever. It is not that hard.  Getting started is challenging, intimidating, self pitying and alas when a year goes by with discipline, I was75 pounds lighter, less depressed and finally noticed by the people around me. When you are obese, people look at you with disdain or they just look right through you like you do not exist.. This is no way to live life to it's fullest. It is really not that hard. Exercise 3-4 days per week and eat with portion control, wholesome foods. It is a recipe for success! I love helping others achieve their goals and if I am able to inspire just one other human being, I have peace within myself.
Love and Best Wishes,
Karen

No comments:

Post a Comment