Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, August 31, 2010

The Fitness Trainer's I don't have a car today @ Home work out

I always try to look at the bright side of life..and try to help others do that too. I don't have a car today and I live in LA. I could complain, but that is not so productive. So, as I have done in the past 5 years or so, I take the reins in on the self pity and do something just for me and exercise. I feel blessed to be self motivated. Here is what I did on a very pleasant day in the Western San Fernando Valley.. It is all how you look at it :)
I took my 12 year old Jack Russell Terrier for her 1st walk since her ACL surgery 8 1/2 weeks ago. We walked 1/2 block very slowly much to her chagrin. Got home in 10 minutes and this was good for her!
I then changed for warmer weather, Stretched,  filled up my water bottle with filtered water and and Emergen-C joint health and went for a walk in the neighborhood. 2.5 miles total with interval walking & jogging. I jogged the hills (all both of them) and sprinted for the last 1/2 block. Had a good sweat going, but not as good as I can get at the gym on the machines with my music on. I would rather listen to nature in the neighborhood and like to hear when the cars are coming :)
At Home Workout: Upper Body and Abs:
Stretch
With a 8# Medicine ball rotate side to side to open up spine. I have 6 moves I like to perform
On Stability Ball: Laying with the ball between shoulder Blades-
Chest Presses/15#Dumbbells 3 Sets 20 Reps
Pullovers/15#Dumbbells 3 Sets 20 Reps
Biceps/15# Dumbbells 3 Sets 20 Reps
1 Arm Row with opposite knee and hand on ball/15# Dumbbells 2 Sets 20 Reps
Crunches on Ball-3 Sets of 25 Reps
Oblique Crunches-3 Sets of 25 Reps each side
Abs on Mat: Legs Lifts/Reverse Crunches/Obliques (I made up a great new move)/Bicycles
Stretch for about 15 minutes
Rest
Nutrition + Water

No comments:

Post a Comment