Powered By Blogger

Thursday, August 25, 2011

How I Went on Vacation and Lost 3 Pounds

If you are my friend on my "Long Distance Fitness" Facebook Page, you saw that I recently took a trip to San Francisco. I also took photos of the "equipment" I took with me that fit into a small duffel bag and weighed only 7 pounds! This included 2 outfits with jackets, sneakers, A Resistance Band (Red), my i-pod shuffle, socks & undies and a foam roller.  I Love San Francisco! My Mom lives in an area of the city with very steep hills..so there's my cardio workout. I walked the hills 3 days out of 5 and did my Resistance Band Workout on the roof of my Brother's Building (he lives upstairs from Mom) that has the most overwhelming view of the city! This was a treat for me. You see, I have changed my life forever and I have proven it to myself and my friends and my family. I am happiest when I am active and am eating a healthy diet. Now comes the food part of my lovely vacation with my beautiful Mother! My first meal was Spaghetti and 2 large meatballs~It was delicious and very typical of my Mom to make my favorite food as a child :)We ate a lot of Italian Food growing up as my Maiden name, DeMattia makes me 1/2 Italian. My Mom learned how to cook Italian from my Grandma in Brooklyn, NY way back in 1945. I learned how to cook when I was 10, wanted to when I was 8, but my Mom wanted to make me wait for some reason..??? I have a passion for cooking and have changed how I cook, which changed my life and the life of my family. The next 3 nights we went out fine dining in the best city for restaurants..maybe in the world! There are over 4,000 restaurants in San Francisco and it is the coldest city in America in the Summer! Zuni Cafe on Market is always a hit. They make the most delicious Brined Chicken on a bed of Bread Salad..So here we are talking salty and carbolicious :) I had a (fake) Beer that was so yummy and a real Caesar Salad with anchovies..to die for. Portion Control is the key to a meal like this..we had leftovers for 2 days :) The Second night we went to "Foreign Cinema"-on Mission St. Very unusual and gigantic restaurant that shows Foreign Movies on a huge White Wall. I had the Opah (fish) with veggies and I ate bread and butter and we shared an appetizer of Baked Brie with Crostini that was to die for again! I also had another one of those non-alcoholic Beers-imported and delicious.Key:1 Beer and then Water and no dessert! Lovely Restaurant with a very cute waiter! lol. The third night we went with two fellas to "the Hungry Dog"-Chinese Fusion...Amazing Food and I will not list it because I am so hungry right now and it is after hours in my house for food :) they Made me have a bite of dessert! YUMMY!  I managed to lose 3 pounds..hmmm.I think it was the portion control and the walking of the hills and maybe I lost a little muscle mass...I must maintain the loss, because I feel really good...and proud!

No comments:

Post a Comment