Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Quick and Easy Fruity Crustless Pie

I make this dessert quite often and quite often I manage to each most of it, so be careful!I usually use frozen fruit such as pineapple, mango, blueberries and this one I used organic cranberries that I had left over from the holidays with the pineapple and mango. This could easily be a Vegan dish, but I used KerryGold Irish Butter for the topping and the flavor is unmatched in my opinion. Try it with coconut oil for a Vegan alternative.

Ingredients:

Topping:
2 Cups Organic granola of choice. This one had almonds in it for that extra crunch
2 T Butter or Coconut Oil that has been solidified in the fridge

Process in a food processor, the granola until it is the consistency of  (largish) breadcrumbs
Add the butter and pulse a few times until mixed
reserve for later

Filling:
3 Cups Frozen Fruit
2 T Raw Sugar or Honey
1T Cinnamon
1/4 Tsp Ginger

Mix together and add to a buttered glass pie dish

Top with Topping

Bake for 30 minute or until juices are bubbling on the bottom of the dish

Let cool and serve with Coconut Cream or all by itself

Serves 8


No comments:

Post a Comment