Powered By Blogger

Tuesday, May 17, 2016

Scrumptious Chicken Salad


Ever since I became a gym "Goddess" (because I refused to call myself a Rat), I have used boneless, skinless chicken breasts as a mainstay in my diet. I was hooked on protein when I was training in beast mode, and I have stuck with it, because just in case you didn't know, I changed my life Forever! ;)
When I cook chicken, I usually make twice as much so I can use it as a second meal in chicken salad. I always use organic, full fat mayonnaise and measure it out as to watch the fat levels that I consume. Low fat mayo taste pretty awful, as most low fat or non fat alternatives. It is important to eat the right fats in order to maintain a healthy and balanced diet and for optimal health.
In this recipe, I placed the chicken salad on a bed of organic baby spinach. You can use the greens of choice, just make sure they are dark green in color. Iceberg lettuce serves it purpose of hydration because it is mostly water. The dark greens deliver the most nutrients. I sincerely feel so much better than when I was so out of control with food and I love to write up my recipes to share. If this helps one person, I know what my purpose is on this earth.

Ingredients:
2, boneless, skinless chicken breasts (leftover from the night before), chopped
2 stalks celery, sliced
1 medium apple, sliced and doused with lemon juice
1/4 up roasted unsalted almonds, chopped
2T organic, whole fat mayonnaise
1/2 Tsp fresh or dried dill
4 cups baby spinach leaves
1T extra virgin cold pressed olive oil
1T raw, unfiltered, organic apple cider vinegar
Himalayan pink salt and freshly ground pepper
Method:
Combine first 6 ingredients
Place on top of baby spinach leaves
Drizzle with oil and vinegar and salt and pepper to taste
Voila!

No comments:

Post a Comment