Powered By Blogger

Thursday, March 25, 2010

Thursday's Cardio and Leg Routine

A tip to stay focused on your fitness is to switch up your routine. I have been challenging myself to do this since January and have lost all but 1/2 a pound to get to my goal. Today I switched it up even more by Starting my routine with switching machines in the middle and I burned more calories in less time because when I got home & weighed in it was lower than expected (yay me) and this was even after leg day which is usually when I don't weigh in because large muscles such as Quads, Hams and glutes muscles weigh more after being pumped, mine do anyway and everyone is different. So here's the routine:
30 minutes Interval Training on Arc trainer-Burn 200 cal/20 min Treadmill-Burn 200 cal/20 min Stretch. Ab work- 8 Sets of 4 different exercises X 25 Reps each
Lunges-alternating legs 25 Reps each leg 2 Sets
Kick-Ups holding Stability Ball 25 Reps each leg 2 Sets
Leg Press 130# 25 Reps/2 Sets
Back Extensions-25 Reps/2 Sets
Dead Curls 25# Bar-25 Reps /3 Sets
Cable Leg Extensions 15#-25 Reps 2 Sets each leg
Push ups-15 Reps/ 2 Sets (just for fun)
Adductor, Abductor work on mat (inner thigh work)
Glute work on mat (see me for details)
Stationary BikeBurn 200 more calories-20 minutes
Stretch it out
Exhausted
My Goal is to burn 600-700 calories per day, 6 days per week just doing Cardio
Quick Recipe: Tofu Parmagiana
Ingredients for 1 serving:
1 thick slice extra firm tofu
1 slice low sodium ezekiel bread-toasted and cooled
Generous amount of fresh or dried herbs of choice
Salt & Pepper
1 egg or 2 egg whites lightly beaten
1 tsp extra virgin olive oil
1/2 cup organic marinara sauce
1 ounce fresh parmagiana cheese
Method:
Toast Bread and cool. Place in food processor with fresh Herbs and salt & pepper to taste and pulse until crumbs are dry. May want to use stale bread for better results.
Coat Tofu slice with egg mixture, then bread crumbs.
Heat olive oil in iron skillet and saute tofu until crispy. Drain on paper towel
Place 1/2 the sauce in small dish. Place tofu on top of sauce and add top with remaining sauce.
Sprinkle grated cheese on top and bake for 20-25 minutes or until cheese is browning.
I is so yummy, I couldn't believe it and Hubby loved it!
High in Protein, low in fat, medium in carbs

No comments:

Post a Comment